I drew out my final compositional outline for my new commission. It may look a little odd, but that's because she has one eye in real life. I'm working out the color scheme in my head before I begin the ebauche tomorrow.
This commission is going well, but I had a rough day yesterday. I stretched and sized three canvases yesterday with RSG. But, with all the variables that are involved, it's no surprise that the canvases didn't stretch tightly enough.
I was angry with myself and nearly ripped apart the canvases before I put a ground on them. I let it go and didn't think about it for the rest of the night. I have a pretty short fuse and I know that I have to let myself cool down.
I woke up today feeling better and put a warm gray ground on the canvases. I can't use them for gallery or commission paintings, but I can use them for studies. It's inevitable that mistakes happen, but it's not worth getting upset about. I know now that I either didn't put enough glue in the RSG mixture or I didn't stretch the canvases tightly enough before applying the glue (or maybe both). You have to turn mistakes into learning experiences.