After many hours of concentrated work, I'm going to call this one finished. I think the last time I did a cast drawing was back at Pafa so this was a good exercise to return to. The most difficult part was rendering the background and getting the value dark enough. The instructors taught us rendering techniques and how to control the values, which was what I always wanted to learn.
Today marks the halfway point of my first semester of grad school. I'm really beyond happy with the way this program is going. If anyone out there is a teacher (or interested in teaching) and looking for a solid atelier graduate program then you should apply to the Florence Academy program.
Getting a lot of drawing done this week and I feel like I'm improving a lot. I'm gaining a ton of new information so I've been trying to process it all. I can definitely feel my levels of concentration improve along with my pencil control.
My larger Bargue plate is nearing completion and I did a small sheet of Bargue studies in my sketchbook today. I'm glad that I decided to document my progress with photos so I can look back and see how I'm doing.
During my breaks I've also been doing some mastercopy sketches from a book about Pierre-Paul Prud'hon (1758 - 1823). These are quick and give my eyes a chance to refresh from looking at the Bargue plates.